CnT-17 is a fully defined airway epithelium medium. It was superceeded in 2014 by the updated CnT-PR-A medium, but still remains available.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and pricing.
Thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Airway Epithelium Medium
CnT-17 is a liquid culture medium kit including both basal medium and supplements. It does not contain antibiotics / antimycotics. The basal medium contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, but is protein free.
- Human and mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- CnT-17 is a 500 mL kit consisting of:
- CnT-BM.1: 500 mL CnT Basal Medium 1 (liquid)
- CnT-17.S: pack of 3 supplement tubes (Supplements A, B and C; delivered frozen; to be added to 500 mL basal medium prior to use)
- Product use
- Isolation and proliferation of mouse and human airway epithelial cells.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested cell culture protocols, please see our resources section.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- CnT-BM.1 basal medium: Store at 4°C in the dark. For expiry date, please see label on bottle. Please do not freeze.
- CnT-17.S supplements: Store at -20°C. For expiry date, please see label on tube and in bag.
- The complete medium (basal medium supplemented with the corresponding supplements) must be stored at 4°C in the dark. Storage in this manner will provide a minimum shelf life of 6 weeks.
- Quality control
- Media functionality and cell morphology tested by cell cultivation over 3 passages in supplemented medium. Osmolality, pH and concentration of various ions are tested. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- CnT-BM.1 basal medium is shipped at ambient temperature.
- CnT-17.S supplements are shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update