Keratinocytes in a scratch assay show 5x greater responsiveness to the positive control treatment when growing in CnT-PR-H homeostasis medium compared with the standard proliferation medium.
The CnT-PR-H medium is designed for maintenance of primary human keratinocytes in a homeostatic state with only minimal growth factor stimulii, sufficient to maintain their function for up to a week in culture.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
In the absence of the strong growth factor stimulation found in standard proliferation media, keratinocytes growing in CnT-PR-H show heighted responsiveness to experimental stimulii (such as active ingredients to stimulate wound closure, as shown at left).
Request your test sample today!
CnT-Prime Keratinocyte Homeostasis Medium
CnT-PR-H is a fully supplemented, frozen, and ready to use culture medium, designed for maintenance of primary keratinocytes un a homeostatic state for up to one week. It does not contain antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for human keratinocytes. May be used for other species as well.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed for maintenance of primary keratinocytes in a homoestatic state for up to 1 week of culture.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested cell culture protocols, please see our resources section.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media functionality and cell morphology tested by cell cultivation with primary human keratinocytes. Osmolality, pH and concentration of various ions are tested. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- CnT-PR-H is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update