HDFs primary human dermal fibroblasts (single donor) deliver strong growth and extended longevity due to their juvenile origin, and the strong proliferative signals provided by the CnT-PR-F medium.
The HDF fibroblasts are provided cryopreserved in the fully defined CnT-CRYO-50 preservation medium, to maximize recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Dermal Fibroblasts, Single Donor
Normal human dermal fibroblasts, cryo preserved at early passage.
- Human, single donor, foreskin
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- HDFs is a vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Recommended seeding density in CnT-PR-F after passaging: 1'000 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 6 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide 20 population doublings when grown in the recommended medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4'000 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update