Balanced co-culture of keratinocytes & fibroblasts obtained by PR2D-CC starter kit
The Keratinocyte/Fibroblast 2D Co-culture Starter Kit (PR2D-CC)
enables you to establish 2D co-culture models in your lab with ease and fidelity.
The primary keratinocytes (HPEKp) and fibroblasts (HDFp), are initially expanded in their respective proliferation media following our recommended general protocol
The HPEKp and HDFp cells are further seeded at equivalent ratio into standard 2D culture with CnT-PR-CC co-culture medium, wherein they proliferate together as balanced co-culture.
The CnT-PR-CC is serum and BPE free, omits fibroblast inhibitory elements and thereby encourages fibroblast growth in parallel to the keratinocyte in a fully defined environment. At confluency, the 2D cultures display the characteristic small and tight cobblestone morphology of keratinocyte progenitor cell colonies, surrounded by the fibroblast cells.
Keratinocyte/Fibroblast 2D Co-culture Starter Kit
The new PR2D-CC starter kit provides all the components required for establishing balanced co-culture of primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts in a fully defined environment. The kit includes primary human keratinocyte and fibroblast cells, CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F media for monolayer culture and CnT-PR-CC co-culture medium.
The cells are of human origin and should therefore be handled as hazardous. Although it has been tested negative for HIV 1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, treat this material as potentially infectious, and use appropriate biocontainment, protective equipment and other precautions to prevent accidental exposure.
- HPEKp Keratinocytes: Human, pooled (3 or more donors), juvenile.
HDFp Fibroblasts: Human, pooled (3 or more donors), foreskin.
- Tissue type
- Epithelia, Mesenchyme
- Pack size
- PR2D-CC is a kit consisting of:
- 1 x HPEKp: Human Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors > 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x HDFp: Human Dermal Fibroblasts> 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x CnT-PR: 500 mL CnT-Prime Epithelial Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-F: 500 mL CnT-Prime Fibroblast Proliferation Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-CC: 250 mL Epithelial/Stromal Co-culture Medium
- 1 x PR2D-CC Data sheet
- Media Type
- Culture medium
- Media included in the kit: CnT-PR Epithelial Culture Medium, CnT-PR-F Fibroblast Proliferation Medium and CnT-PR-CC Epithelial/Stromal Co-culture Medium. All media are designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. Media must be thawed just prior to use.
- For thawing, seeding and passaging instructions please see the general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com. For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on our resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 days for monolayer culture of keratinocytes and fibroblasts (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol).
- Keratinocytes and fibroblasts guaranteed to provide 20 population doublings when grown in CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F, respectively.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store media frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Primary cells tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Media tested free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- All kit components are shipped together on dry ice.
- All kit components can all be purchased separately.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update