Improved barrier as seen by raman spectroscopy penetration profiles.
The 3D Starter Kit without Primary Keratinocytes (PR3D-K-50) contains the media and inserts needed to establish 3D epidermal models with improved differentiation and barrier function in your own lab.
Early passage human keratinocytes growing in CnT-PR medium are also required
The kit contains CnT-PR proliferation mediun, CnT-PR-3D Barrier Medium, and (effective July 2014) 48 inserts for air-lift culture. For details, please see the datasheet.
The 3D models can be routinely established using our recommended protocol.
Following this protocol, the 3D models deliver up to a 50% better barrier function than traditional media. More detailed raman spectroscopy results can be found in the following link:
Improved Barrier Function with 3D Barrier Medium
3D Keratinocyte Starter Kit, without Primary Keratinocytes
3D keratinocyte starter Kit was developed for the establishment of 3 dimensional keratinocyte cultures with improved barrier function. Kit includes CnT-Prime Medium (CnT-PR) for monolayer culture, CnT-Prime 3D Barrier Medium (CnT-PR-3D), and 48 cell culture inserts (0.4 um pore size). Kit does not contain primary keratinocytes. Optional extra: CnT-ST-100 stain solution to evaluate confluency prior to airlift.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- PR3D-K-50 is a kit consisting of:
- 1 x CnT-PR: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime Epithelial Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-3D: one 500 mL kit of CnT-PR-3D 3D Barrier Medium
- 48 x Cell culture inserts: polycarbonate membrane, 12 mm diameter, 0.4 µm pore size
- 1 x PR3D-K-50 Data sheet
- 1 x PR3D-K-50 Protocol
- Culture medium
- Media included in the kit: CnT-PR Epithelial Medium, CnT-PR-3D 3D Barrier Medium.
All media are designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. Media must be thawed just prior to use. If lipids in 3D Barrier medium do not resolubilise in cold medium after thawing, they will be visible as a faint white layer in the bottom of the bottle. To solubilise, warm bottle to room temperature, and solubilise with gentle swirling.
- To establish the 3D epidermal models, early passage primary keratinocytes growing strongly in CnT-Prime medium are required. For recommended keratinocyte isolation, seeding and passaging instructions, please see the general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days for monolayer culture of keratinocytes growing in CnT-Prime medium (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Storage / Shelf life
- Medium storage: -15°C or below. Thaw overnight at 4oC prior to use, or alternatively at room temperature for approx. 5 hours. Do not thaw media in hot water bath. For expiry date of frozen medium, refer to medium label. Storage of thawed medium: 4°C in the dark, use within 6 weeks of thawing. Important: The quality of cell culture media is rapidly degraded by light. Store in the dark, and minimize all light exposure during handling. Inserts: room temperature. One year from date of purchase. CnT-ST: room temperature. One year from date of purchase.
- Quality control
- Media tested free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- All kit components are together on dry ice.
- HPEKp primary keratinocytes and all culture media can also be purchased individually. CnT-ST-100 stain solution for evaluation of confluency prior to airlift is also available separately.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update