The CnT-PR-BM.1 basal medium is used in all the CnT-Prime range of media.
It contains a full range of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
It contains a low calcium concentration (0.07 mM), that is specifically chosen for optimal long-term proliferation of epithelial progenitor cells.
CnT-Prime Basal Medium
CnT-Prime Basal Medium is a fully defined, low calcium (0.07 mM) basal medium formulation designed for optimal isolation, growth and longevity of primary epithelial cells. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime Basal Medium contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds. It does not contain growth factors, phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics. Growth factors must be added to obtain cell proliferation.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle.
- Product use
- CnT-Prime Basal Medium is the basal medium formulation used during preparation of the CnT-PR, CnT-PR-D, CnT-PR-3D, CnT-PR-CA, CnT-PR-A and CnT-PR-AD media. It does not contain growth factors, and thus can be used when cells must be starved of stimulation for a defined period prior to experimentation.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. During isolation, antibiotics / antimycotics are recommended up until the end of P1.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 12oC at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages (with growth factors added to obtain proliferation). Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update