CnT-Prime Calcium-Free is a modified version of the CnT-Prime medium.
It is a fully defined medium, and free of all human and animal-derived components. It contains only residual amounts of Calcium. Calcium must be supplemented to enable proper cell attachment and proliferation.
CnT-Prime Calcium-Free is intended for use only in special circumstances, where an unusually low calcium level is required. For routine culture, the standard CnT-Prime medium with the low calcium level of 0.07 mM is recommended.
CnT-PR-CA is a custom product. Please enquire for availability via: email@example.com.
CnT-Prime Calcium Free, Epithelial Culture Medium
CnT-Prime Calcium Free is a fully defined, medium formulation. It contains only residual amounts of Calcium. Calcium must be added to allow proper cell attachment and proliferation. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime Calcium Free contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, plus growth factors to deliver strong cell proliferation, and cofactors to improve growth factor binding to cell surface receptors. CnT-Prime Calcium Free also contains PCT factors that maximise retention of proliferative progenitor cells, increase longevity, and minimise loss through differentiation. It does not contain phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Requires addition of calcium to allow cell attachment and proliferation. The inclusion of PCT factors increases retention of proliferative progenitor cells, and minimize loss through differentiation. Not recommended for use when inducing terminal differentiation. For differentiation work, please use CnT-PR-D medium.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested isolation, passaging, differentiation and freezing protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. During isolation, antibiotics / antimycotics are recommended up until the end of P1.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages (with 0.07 mM calcium added). Residual calcium concentration is provided in the certificate of analysis. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update